I bought Translator Pro and Fusion format does not work

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: parametric, Jesse, jeebustrain

I bought Translator Pro and Fusion format does not work

Postby neomad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am

Sad, I'm very sad.

In mac Fusion format does not work. I've tried with 3 akai CD, SF2, NKI and nothing.

Everybody said me not to buy the buggy program.... :oops:

Try to contact support, but they want to send the file to solve it. I can not send 700 mb file ! I've also requested to be reimboursed, but programmer says soft it's not refundable.

But seems Converter it's not a software. It's just code running but you can not do anything with. I've also promised to buy again when it works !
I hate to be robed like that.

A shame...

What to do ?
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby neomad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 am

In website stills anouncing 33 % off but I've paid 149 usd !
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby bazz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:07 am

ask for a refund or the pc version. get vmware fusion or parallells or whatever emulation software you got and perform your conversion.
Fusion 8HD, Yamaha RM1X, GEM WX2+ 2MB smpl ram &256k sram, EMU ESI2000 turbo, m-audio oxygen8 + delta 44, Edirol UM-1SX, AMD64 3200+ 1GB 900GB, Behringer MS40 & X V-AMP, Yamaha QY22, Boss DR 550mkII, Epiphone Les Paul
bazz
Advanced
Advanced

Postby neomad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Refund requested but rejected
I do not want to put win into osx.
We will try to fix the problems, then we will see.
Thanks anyway ;)
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby om64 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:22 am

I bought the mac version too.

I tried to convert Kurzweil format to EXS and it failed.
I tried to convert EMU to EXS and it failed.
I tried to convert EMU to Fusion and it failed.
I tried to convert Kurzweil to Fusion it failed.

I spent two weeks trying to get any conversion to work thinking it was me. After this much time I finally sent an email to the support line describing the problem and the guys sent an email back saying. Oh. those are the ones that aren't implemented fully yet. After this I vowed to never consider any of their software again. My recommendation is not to purchase the mac version until they get this stuff sorted.

I really hate bagging this software. But I really made an effort and even sent different error messages to the support guy for each type of conversion. I had seen other people bagging the software on other forums and took a chance. Given my experience all I can say is buyer beware.
om64
Junior
Junior

Postby neomad » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 am

Just silly people staying in the legal side... we've paid for a useless program !

They've send me a new release but first time I've tried does not work also !!!

CHICKEN SYS STEALTH US :( A SHAME !!

Useless soft... better to look for it at Emule... do not spent your money in the legal version... at least you like to be raped...
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby neomad » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 am

Even more: when I've send the logs (every time that soft tries a translation creates a log) and after send many logs, they've accused me to edit them !!

This guy Garth is well known like a genius computer programmer (it's not the case here) but extremely paranoid !
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Re: I bought Translator Pro and Fusion format does not work

Postby chickensys » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:38 am

We do not frequent this forum often (don't have the time), but I do want to correct the record as far as neomad goes.

In this world there are nasty companies and nasty customers. I just found neomads issues circa emails back in Oct 2008, his issues were completely taken care of within a couple days, and to be honest he was quite pushy and didn't follow the instructions regarding reporting. His english is a little poor so it took a little more time to find out exactly what he meant.

I'll post the emails if there's any disagreement about this. it's quite entertaining reading!

But as far as I can see his issues were solved within 2-3 of us finally finding out what they were (which took 6-8 emails). As far as I can see, he had one issue, and that was not Fusion-related at all - it had to do with not seeing multiple drives on his system.

So, although I have no problem with people stating their opinions, I do have a problem when someone can't back it up and just feels like complaining anonymously on a forum.

Neomad, feel free to comment.

I do not know who om64 is, even after checking extensively through emails and the Bug Reports system. We convert into EXS and Fusion all day in tests, from those formats. They've worked since 2002 (!), the ->Fusion examples have been tested-retested here. I have no Bug Reports filed complaining about Emu->EXS or Kurzweil->EXS not working, especially around the November 2008 period in question.

Looks like this is just a lot of unsubstantiated complaining. We back our programs up 100%, we can be called at 320-235-9798 or 800-877-6377, or emailed or talked to on our forums.
Garth Hjelte
Fusion Convertor
chickensys
General
General

Postby neomad » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 am

Garth, nice to see you again here. To be fair, my name is Matias (so you do not need to talk with a nickname). I'm not a nasty customer. All over the web you will see comments about the translator software as buggy, rudimentary, unstable,etc.

Bugs were solved in 3 days ? I'm not pretty sure. When I tried again with same files stills crashes ! (SF2, Kontakt, etc.) But to be honest, I've tried once more with Translator and crashes again, so I never open again all over 2009 !... for me is wasted money (like somebody takes your wallet at the train). I've requested my money back, you've refused, so for me it's just a bad supplier choice. It's my fault.

I use to buy more than 10 programs every year. I also use to buy soundbanks HS, KPR, Picaja ... I'm not nasty, I'm just looking to make things works as promised before buy. Was not the translator case. These kinds of things happens to legal people.

We will see udpates, and I promess to give a try again.
Good luck.
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby chickensys » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

neomad wrote:All over the web you will see comments about the translator software as buggy, rudimentary, unstable,etc.

Actually, we don't see that at all. We surf the web, if anything we see compliements. Your making this up.

And since we work with it every day, and service people, we know that isn't true at all. We sell more Translator's every month - even in this recession.

Again, let me point out that Neomad is talking about issues regarding Translator Mac, not necessarily Windows, and his issues were (coincidentally) the same timeframe as om64's. This was 9 months ago, within 30 days of the initial release. Although bugs at anytime are unacceptable, they can be more expected closer to the original release date. Additionally, ->Fusion was NOT put on on release, but right about the time om64 and Neomad had their issues.

So why is this surprising to you?

neomad wrote:Bugs were solved in 3 days ? I'm not pretty sure.

Absolutely, in fact in your case your put in 5 Bug Reports on October 1st, 2008 (#3374, #3376-3382 - I'm not counting the inconsequential ones), and ALL OF THEM were addressed by October 3rd, 2008.

These were addressed:

3374 Akai->Fusion (anunusual file, not typical)
    3376 No drives other then system drive showing (fixed)
    3377 Akai->Fusion multiple programs in a Volume, fixed
    3378 Kontakt->Fusion (Fixed; problem converting certain WAVE files to AFS format.)
    3379 EXS->Pulsar (could not replicate, fix or problem unknown)
    3380 SoundFont->Fusion (problem was on SoundFont-> side, was not converting certain stereoized SF's properly)
    3381 Converting each file creates separate Fusion Bank (not a bug, was implemented where you can convert into a common Bank)
    3382 (not a report, simply submitted the file for report 3374)

On the positive end, Neomad did the right thing by submitting Bug Reports (unlike om64), AND sending files. Bravo! Neomad's problem is that he didn't didn't grab the new version and try that.

Look, it's just common sense. Any software has bugs, we don't deny that. I don't want to be blunt, but the solution isn't to whine about it incessently on forums. We provide more-than-adequate support facilities, and we deal with things lightning-quick, as both om64's and your issues show. The context of these bugs are 9 MOTNHS OLD, and they are close to a release date of a product.

Why does this surprise you?

neomad wrote:When I tried again with same files stills crashes ! (SF2, Kontakt, etc.)

Well... I do not show that you've updated since that time. You are using an older version - in fact probably the one that produced your Bug Reports. I strongly recommend updating, THEN post your opinion up here.

In fact, I took the files you submitted and converted them this morning. THEY WORK GREAT!

There may be other resons too: incorrect settings, user error. You don't mention what you are converting into so I can't comment.

Consider this: the same engine that powers Translator is what is in the top selling software sampler by far: Kontakt. Native Instruments likes Translator. Emu likes Translator. Yellow Tools likes Translator. Alesis likes Translator - enough to include the free Fusion Convertor in their packages.

20,000 users over 10 years like Translator.

neomad wrote:We will see udpates, and I promise to give a try again. Good luck.

Actually, good luck to you! We don't want to communicate any ill-will, to you nor to om64. What I AM SAYING is that perhaps it's a better idea to simply follow through on an easy process, and solve your problems, instead of complaining on a forum 9 months later that you were "ripped off' in some sort of way.

To the public reading this: we all know of companies that have lousy customer service, it's replete in our age. Rare is the company that has good customer service. While it's true that many companies in the general marketplace could care less about their customers, that's usually the fault of the owners hirees, not the owners. (Of course, you can fault the owners for not hiring well.)

I can't stand bad customer service, so as far as I live my company will provide top-flight customer service. It is my goal to show to despite the claims of these posters, we did provide excellent service and addressed their problems (if any) quickly and expediently.
Garth Hjelte
Fusion Convertor
chickensys
General
General

Postby neomad » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:55 pm

I will not spend my time with you... I've lost a lot already. I'm not complaining 9 months later, you've seen my complains later ;)
I'm not ill. You should respect your customers (even unhappy ones) (that's known as customer care).
I'll download software update and give it a try with same files. Then I'll post here.
Enjoy your success and happy compliments you receive everywere.
You're simply the best.
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby chickensys » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 pm

neomad wrote:I will not spend my time with you... I've lost a lot already. I'm not complaining 9 months later, you've seen my complains later ;)

Actually, last email we got from you was 9 months ago. Nothing since. Even then we responded to all your issues.

I'm not saying that as a negative, I'm saying that as a positive. What I wrote above applies. You should have good success with the latest version (we do). If there's something you don't understand, or have an issue with, feel free to contact us. I think that's the highest form of respect for our customers.

neomad wrote:You should respect your customers (even unhappy ones) (that's known as customer care).

Absolutely! We respecct you (and I'm not being sarcastic about it).

neomad wrote:I'll download software update and give it a try with same files. Then I'll post here.

If you want, but that isn't the best way to do it. We won't always check this forum. Better to post us directly, Bug Reports are best, like you did before.

neomad wrote:Enjoy your success and happy compliments you receive everywere. You're simply the best.

Likewise, you should not be caustic and sarcastic with people, even companies you deal with (that's called common courtesy). Respect works both ways, you've been rather rude and judgemental from the very beginning. You should only get respect when you are willing to give it. Nevertheless, we will do anything we can as soon as we can to help you with any problem you have, no matter how you treat us.
Garth Hjelte
Fusion Convertor
chickensys
General
General

Postby neomad » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Hello Garth, trust you are ok.

Well, as promised I've tried to use convertor and these are the results:

From .kit to nki = OK. (except if you try conversion from HD, only from disc)

Several akai discs fails:

JP8000 to Akai 5000: fails + to SF2 and NKI, fails.

No way to convert the only Kurzweil disc I have.

To be honest, translator freeze at least 5/6 times (logs at your disposal, just let me know where they are)

JV2080 works, but only with all the partitions. No way to obtain separate samples (inside program I found NKI and samples, mixed).

Sorry, but... I still do not trust in the product.
I will test in your next release, in the meantime have I`ll try to make it work properly.
Regards
neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Postby chickensys » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks for the response.

Please read your manual - if Translator fails at any time, simply take the source file that you tried to convert, zip it up, and submit it to Bug Reports http://www.chickensys.com/translator/bugreports All instructions are in the manual.

Simply posting the results on a public forum is like calling NYC police commissioner at home and telling him there was a murder somewhere in New York City. All your report tells us is "something is wrong" but gives us no possible way of helping you or fixing it.

Please take any program in question that Translator failed on and submit it to Bug Reports. If they are Akai files, you will find them in /Library/Application Support/Chicken Systems/Translator/Temporary Files - as the manual tells you.

You don't have to send every file that fails (although most shouldn't). Just send one or two that are representative in each category. This takes very little time and imposes very little hassle. It takes less time then posting to a forum even.

We convert all day and have nary a problem.

We are happy to help, fill out the Bug Report. You've done this before.
Garth Hjelte
Fusion Convertor
chickensys
General
General

Return to Fusion Sounds